Intentional Travel through Creative Journal Writing
Have you considered spinning memories into stories, essays or memoirs?
Have you captured a trip in journal entries & been disappointed by the results?
Have you traveled as tourist, pilgrim, adventurer, learner, intentional sojourner?
Have you yearned for adventures, but not known how to make them happen?
This workshop will build writing skills and insight into intentional travel!
(Bring paper and pen. No travel experience or writing experience required.)
Workshop Leader, RHONDA WILEY-JONES
Registration Fee: $65 (refreshments and materials included)
Saturday, October 22, 9-noon, 18 Antelope Trail, Kerrville, TX
To register send a check by October 15 to Rhonda Wiley-Jones, 18 Antelope Trail, Kerrville, TX 78028. (LIMITED to 14)
- Share adventures or misadventures with others in a fun atmosphere.
- Reflect how to travel more purposefully, independently, and intentionally.
- Practice journal exercises (not to critique but to share if you want) to develop insight & clarity.
- Consider types of travel (pilgrims are not tourists) to match with journal writing supplies.
- Develop observation skills; build writing skills using the senses; and mix fiction with fact.
- Select journaling methods to match your travel circumstances and/or writing style.
- Stimulate imagination with tips, ideas, and suggestions shared.
- Make new friends and get to know old ones in new ways.
WHAT PREVIOUS PARTICIPANTS HAVE SAID
- Nicely presented
- Good interaction
- Useful handouts
- Thank you, Rhonda. I’m a fan!!
- Many useable/practical ideas and suggestions
- Great class—plenty of time for questions & sharing
- I was surprised to learn so much in your workshop
- It never occurred to me I might write & sell articles
Rhonda Wiley-Jones, M.Ed., author of her travel memoir, At Home in the World: Travel Stories of Growing Up and Growing Away, is world traveler, journal writer, blogger, fiction writer. She’s conducted this workshop with audiences, such as the 2016 bi-annual Story Circle Network national conference, 2015 Schreiner University’s Global Programs, and the 2013 Schreiner University’s Innovative Learning Program.
2 thoughts on “Travel Writing Workshop October 22, 2016 in Texas Hill Country”
I would come if I could be two places at once. I am leading the Trailblazer hikes each Saturday morning, in the month of October.
Cheers, from Pat Kobe
Sent from my iPad
Pat, would love to have you join us. You are quite the adventurer and you would add so much to the workshop. I’ll be sure to let you know about the next workshop. Enjoy your trailblazing.
Comments are closed.