I invite you to join me, as instructor, and eight other women writers in an online travel writing class, four one-hour classes on Tuesdays, 4-5 CDT, August 4 and 18, September 1 and 15.
Sponsored by Story Circle Network, which offers online writing classes for women throughout the year.
Description: A touchstone verifies the authenticity of gold or silver. You will write a narrative or essay of 1000-2500 words to carve out rich touchstones you have experienced from travel and then discover and reveal the truth of how travel has changed you in a significant and meaningful way. Then you’ll revise it during the class for a publishable piece. Progressive guidance for revision will be discussed in each class. The group will share their work, review each other’s writing, and each member will complete a revision to make your work ring and sing.
Students who successfully complete this class will be able to:
- draft a travel memory into a short story or essay of 1000-2500 words
- strengthen with strong nouns and verbs
- utilize all five senses in the writing piece
- delete unnecessary wording to refine the writing
- review and comment on other’s writing to help them improve
For details and to register for the class go to Story Circle Network’s list of classes.