Rhonda’s Nonfiction & Fiction in Five Anthologies
- Real Women Write: Seeing through their Eyes, “Letter to our Insolent Server,” p. 35 and “Paying to Pee,” p. 86 by Story Circle Network, 2022
- Decades in Writing, Anthology #14; “Tuck Tail or Sail,” p. 99, Saturday Writers, 2021.
- Inside and Out: Women’s Truths, Women’s Stories, “From Ugly Duckling to Howling Wolf,” by Story Circle Network, 2017 (page 98)
- Love is in the Air, “End of Island Life,” by Marfa House, 2017 (page 20)
- God Still Meets Needs, “Quiet Time,” edited by Mark Littleton, 2013
- Cuivre River Anthology VI, 10th Anniversary, Stories, Essays, Poetry, and Photography from Saturday Writers and Friends, 2012
- 1st place for “At Home in Chester” in Saturday Writers’ Food & Travel short story contest (Sept. 29, 2012)
- 3rd place for “Midnight Jaunt” in Saturday Writers’ Food & Travel short story contest (Sept. 29, 2012)
- True Words from Real Women, “From Ugly Duckling to Howling Wolf,” An Anthology of Life Writing by the Women of Story Circle Network, 2012
Online Publication Locations
- Flash Fiction Magazine, “The City that Stole His Daughter”
- WOW! Women on Writing, “Finger Gone Rogue, Writing Gone Mute”
- Publications on Sheila Bender’s WritingItReal website for writers
- Body Language, my adventure experiencing a traditional Turkish Bath in Turkey, won third place in a 2010 writing competition. This link introduces my first draft, then Sheila’s recommendations for improvement, and my revised and final submitted narrative. Sheila published all three elements as a learning example for other writers.
- Navigating the Online Publishing and Promotion World (Fall 2013), a narrative about how I self-published my memoir and promoted it early after publication in response to questions from Sheila Bender, the author of Writing It Real website.
- From Idea to Publication (Fall 2013), an interview with Sheila who asks questions and I explain how I developed my memoir from the conception of an idea to the actual publication of the book, At Home in the World.
- A Coming-of-Age Vignette, Sage Advice, and the Writing Exercise They Inspired. This is Sheila’s way of instructing by example by using a scene from At Home in the World: Travel Stories of Growing Up and Growing Away.
Thanks to Sheila Bender, who provides special links to my work on her website, WritingItReal, which are reserved for members only.