- Have you considered spinning memories into stories, essays, or memoirs?
- Have you captured a trip in journal entries & been disappointed by the results?
- Have you traveled as tourist, pilgrim, adventurer, learner, intentional sojourner?
- Have you yearned for adventures, but not known how to make them happen?
- This workshop will build writing skills and create insight into intentional travel!
— No travel or writing experience required. —
- Share adventures or misadventures with others in a fun atmosphere.
- Reflect how to travel more purposefully, independently, and intentionally.
- Practice journal exercises (to share if you want) to develop insight & clarity.
- Consider types of travel to match journal writing supplies to take with you.
- Develop writing skills through observation, writing with your six senses; and mixing fiction with fact.
- Select journal writing methods to match your travel circumstances and/or writing style.
- Stimulate imagination with tips, ideas, and suggestions shared.
- Make new friends and get to know old ones in new ways.
What previous participants have said
- Nicely presented
- Good interaction
- Useful handouts
- Thank you, Rhonda. I’m a fan!!
- Many useable/practical ideas and suggestions
- Great class—plenty of time for questions & sharing
- I was surprised to learn so much in your workshop
- It never occurred to me I might write & sell articles
REGISTRATION FEE for 3-hour workshop
- $45 for Schreiner University faculty and staff
- $35 for Schreiner students
- Special Flat-fee group rate — to be negotiated
- You may host a “house party” workshop — ask me about it!
To register or to ask further questions, please send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rhonda Wiley-Jones, M.Ed., author of a coming-of-age travel memoir, At Home in the World: Travel Stories of Growing Up and Growing Away, is a world traveler, journal writer, blogger, and fiction writer. She has conducted this workshop with audiences, such as the 2016 annual Story Circle Network national conference, 2015 and 2016 Schreiner University’s Global Programs, and the 2013 Schreiner University’s Innovative Learning Program for community members.