This interactive, four-hour workshop will prompt questions for you to answer, suggestions for you to consider, and tips on what you need to know before you start writing your memoir. The time-savings will be immeasurable.
Autobiography reports the whole of one’s life, while memoir recounts a specific, meaningful portion. Writing memoir tells your story from your perspective and memory and in your own way.
- Learn where to start.
- Explore what decisions you must make to select the portions to write.
- Decide what to leave in and what to leave out.
- Acquire the basics of good storytelling and writing.
- Identify the difference between structure and sequence, so you use both effectively.
- Discover ways to generate rich layers of storytelling to enhance your narrative.
- Generate your own way to chart the story to keep you on track.
- Make it real and make it personal.
- Gather writing resources online and in print that will aid you in telling your story.
- Save time and money in your effort to get your story into the world.
To learn more about this participant-focused workshop, email Rhonda Wiley Jones: Rhonda@RhondaWiley-Jones.com