- Have you considered spinning memories into stories, essays, or memoirs?
- Have you captured a trip in journal entries & been disappointed by the results?
- Have you traveled as tourist, pilgrim, adventurer, learner, intentional sojourner?
- Have you yearned for adventures, but not known how to make them happen?
- This workshop will illustrate how you let travel be our teacher!
— No travel or writing experience required. —
- Share adventures or misadventures with others in a fun atmosphere.
- Reflect how to travel more purposefully, independently, and intentionally.
- Practice journal exercises to develop insight & clarity.
- Consider types of travel to match writing supplies to take with you.
- Develop writing skills through observation, writing with six senses; and mixing fiction with fact.
- Select journal writing methods for your travel circumstances and/or your writing style.
- Stimulate imagination with tips, ideas, and suggestions shared.
- Make new friends and get to know old ones in new ways.
What previous participants have said
- Nicely presented
- Good interaction
- Useful handouts
- Thank you, Rhonda. I’m a fan!!
- Many useable/practical ideas and suggestions
- Great class—plenty of time for questions & sharing
- I was surprised to learn so much in your workshop
- It never occurred to me I might write & sell articles
REGISTRATION FEE for 3-hour workshop
- $45 for Schreiner University faculty and staff
- $35 for Schreiner students
- Special Flat-fee group rate – to be negotiated
- You may host a “house party” workshop – ask me about it!
To register or to ask further questions, please send me an email at email@example.com.
Rhonda Wiley-Jones, M.Ed., author of a coming-of-age travel memoir, At Home in the World: Travel Stories of Growing Up and Growing Away, is a world traveler, journal writer, blogger, and fiction writer. She has conducted this workshop with audiences, such as the 2015, 2016, and 2017 Schreiner University’s Global Programs; the 2016 annual Story Circle Network national conference; the 2013 and 2014 Iowa State University Alumni Association Osher Learning Institute; and the 2013 Schreiner University’s Innovative Learning Program for community members.