- Have you considered spinning memories into stories, essays, or memoirs?
- Have you captured a trip in journal entries & been disappointed by the results?
- Have you traveled as tourist, pilgrim, adventurer, learner, intentional sojourner?
- Have you yearned for adventures, but not known how to make them happen?
- This workshop will illustrate how you let travel be our teacher!
— No travel or writing experience required. —
- Share adventures or misadventures with others in a fun atmosphere.
- Reflect on how to travel more purposefully and intentionally.
- Practice journal exercises to develop insight & clarity.
- Consider types of travel to match writing supplies to take with you.
- Develop writing skills through observation, writing with six senses; and mixing fiction with fact.
- Select journal writing methods for your circumstances and/or your writing style.
- Stimulate imagination with tips, ideas, and suggestions shared.
- Make new friends and get to know old ones in new ways.
What Previous Participants Say about the Workshop
- Nicely presented
- Good interaction
- Useful handouts
- Thank you, Rhonda.
- I’m a fan!!
- Many useable/practical ideas and suggestions
- Great class—plenty of time for questions & sharing
- I was surprised to learn so much in your workshop
- It never occurred to me I might write & sell articles
PRICING FEES for 1-3-hour workshop
- Per person fees
- Special flat-fee group rate – to be negotiated
- You may host a “house party” workshop – ask me about it!
To register or to ask further questions, please send an email to Rhonda Wiley-Jones at email@example.com.
Wiley-Jones, fiercely committed for thirty years to guiding travelers toward supercharged benefits of writing to unlock the keys to transformative travel, will unpack journal-writing methods with which you can experiment. As an accomplished writer, with a travel memoir and a travel adventure novel; multiple publications in national anthologies and local lifestyle magazines; she can facilitate techniques for you to write stories for yourself, your family, or for publication.